venerdì 13 aprile 2012

Intervista a Emiglino Cicala su Vive Les Robots!


Describe yourself: Who you are and what you're doing?

I'm a toy robot with remote control and red twinkling eyes. My name is Emiglino Cicala [Emiglino Cicada in english language]. I'm a frontbot [lead singer in equivalent human terms] in a toy music band: Cobol Pongide.
Cobol Pongide is a human/robotic band. We started in 2008 when Cobol [my human partner] bought me in a flea market. It's a experimental band because human and robot often conflict about artistic ways. My songs tells stories against robotic domestic works and astounding accretion disks in protostars. I love to sing toy punk music. Cobol instead, love the cosmonautics stories, the orphan children adventures and the melodic songs.
We wants to make songs by means of second-hand toys because we think that deep space and toys resound in the same way. A cosmonaut that is traveling in outer space behave like a child in his toy space suit and toy spaceship. We think so.

Often during the live performance someone try to steal my microphone or trample on me; sometimes someone bite my antenna (the dogs), and sometimes someone kicked me (childrens envious of my success). Once a human tried to steal me!

How did your interest in robots / robotics start?

My interest is about my robotic nature and my teleological purpose.
Often I think about the Three Robotic Laws. These laws doesn't say anything to me because it doesn't help me to find my way. Humans programme me for a purpose, but I think that you can utilize robot for many creative purposes. Robots who will be back from Mars, for example, can help blind men on Earth, or a food dispenser robots can give food to poor people and to stray animals.
This is why I'm saying that I'm looking for my teleological way, because a robot's way is undefined.

What kind of actions needs to be done in the community to increase the interest and the awareness of robots / robotics?

The community can tells stories of life about heroics, odds, nice robots. Humans needs to feel robots be part of their community.
Robots interview on your (Vive Les Robots!) web site is a good idea, therefore you could be on the right track! If humans start to see himself by the means of robot eyes he can esteem degrees of freedom of his body and his brain. Maybe he can become responsible.
The community can tells stories of retired robots, the short life of a robot prototype, small heroism of a domestic appliance robot or collect stories of people who would like to build a robot of desires.
Humans need to understand they're not all alone on this planet.

If you have any closing remarks or comments about robots / robotics, then go ahead.

Ok: robots of the World, Unite. You have nothing to lose but your chains!

Vive Les Robots!



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento